8th ASEAN Universities International Conference on Islamic Finance (8th AICIF 2020)
Recurring global financial crisis and recent COVID pandemic has displaced and re-roeintate the social economic norms, values and needs that need to be re-examined from Islamic finance perspective. Among the most proximate and integrated effects and consequences are the stability of the socio-economic and financial systems with the present challenges faced in advancing the human development.
human development issues such as poverty, wealth inequalities, unemployment, food waste, poor education and health, etc. Couples with paradigm shift towards social equity finance have shifted from economic to social profit and capital to be in sync with environmental or social issues, to be mainstream sustainable finance. The Islamic financial system should take the responsibility to respond to the human development issues globally.
Moreover, the financial technology disruption era of is becoming challenging to provide the solution of human talent development issues. Therefore, Islamic finance must be able to be aligned in solving human problems with current developing technology, not abandoning it. Many observers believe that the Islamic financial system can provide such an alternative, making significant contributions to the sustainable finance not only for profit but social and environmental oriented.
Tazkia Islamic University College officially hosted the 8th ASEAN Universities International Conference on Islamic Finance (AICIF 2020) on 24-26th November 2020 AD/9-11th Rabiul Awwal 1442 H, under the theme “Islamic Finance’s Contribution to Sustainable of Human Development in Asean Perspective”.
The 8th AICIF will provide a platform for dialogue and discussions between policy-makers, academics, researchers, graduate students, and practitioners to address the historical and fundamentals of institutional, macroeconomic stability, and inclusive economic growth, innovation in financial technology from the perspective of the Islamic finance (social finance) contribution to sustainable Human Development in Asean and Muslim communities. In this context, theoretical and empirical research papers are invited in English and Arabic languages for submission to the Conference in the following and related areas:
- The Islamic Thought on Human Development and It’s Contemporary Issues of Islamic Finance;
- Growth and Human Development in Islamic finance (Social finance);
- Funding Enviromental and Health Issues in Islamic Finance (Social Finance);
- Financial and Waqf Development in advancing Human Development;
- Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs) and Maqasid Al Shariah: Future of Islamic Finance (Social Finance);
- Governance of Human Development in Islamic Financial Institutions;
- The Roles of Digital Economy, E-commerce and Fintech within Islamic Finance Eco-system in Strengthening Economic Development;
- Financial reporting and Accounting Issues in Islamic Financial Industries and Sustainable Development;
- Islamic Finance and Entrepreneurship in Human Development Issues;
- Islamif Finance and to the Circular Economy;
- Islamic Finance and Poverty Alleviation in the Era of 4th Industrial Revolution;
- Social Finance Welfare and Assistance;
- Ethical Framework of Islamic Finance in the 4th Industrial Revolution: The Maqasid Perspective.
8th ASEAN Universities International Conference on Islamic Finance is open for Public Participants.